Dr Mukund Sarda is Dean & Principal, New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth University and also Member, Management Council, Bharati Vidyapeeth University. He is also Legal advisor and law officer at Bharati Vidyapeeth and Member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Maratha Chamber Of Commerce (MCC), Indian Merchants’ Chamber (IMC).
He did his Doctorate from Osmania University(Gold Medalist), LL.M. from the University of Pune(Gold Medalist) and LL.B from Marathwada (Gold Medalist).
- Presented Paper on ‘Impact of Mumbai Terror Attacks on Media Accountability vis-a-vis Free Flow of Information during Crisis Situation- an Indian Perspective‘ at Oxford University in March 2009.
- Attended the 51st Prayer Break Fast with the President of America Hon. Mr. Barack Obama, in January 2009.
- Visited London to deliver a lecture on ‘Human Rights’ at Kings College, London & Law Society in May 2006 on the invitation of Law Society of England and Wales.
- Visited American Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, Supreme Court of State of Hawaii and various Universities in Washington, New York and Los Angeles.
- Received by Justice Moon, the Chief Justice of Supreme Court of Hawaii, United States of America
- Visited Brigston after being appointed as Research Faculty on the Board of University of Sussex
- Attended the International Peace Conference in U.S.A.
HONOURS & AWARDS
- Received the National Bar Award-2008 of All India Bar Association at the hands Hon. Mr. Justice Dr. Laxmanan, Former Judge Supreme Court of India, and Chairman Law Commission of India for his excellence in Legal Education.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Honour’ for Presented Paper on ‘Impact of Mumbai Terror Attacks on Media Accountability vis-a-vis Free Flow of Information during Crisis Situation- an Indian Perspective‘ at Oxford University in March 2009.
- Awarded, “ VIDHI VIDYA BHUSHAN,” by Punyashlok Sadguru ShivParvati Pratishthan, Nashik for his contribution in legal education.
- Recipient of Pune Municipal Corporation Best Teacher Award for 2003
- Recipient of the Rashtra Shakti foundation Award at the National Convention on Peace and Non-Violence on 1st August 2004 organized by the Rashtra Shakti Foundation.
- Recipient of National Legal Development Award in 2006
- Youngest Principal in India at the age of 24 years at a professional college.
- Invited to attend the swearing ceremony of the then Chief Justice of India Hon. Mr. Justice R.C. Lahoti at Rashtrapati Bhavan