- ticket title
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
- Fake Lawyer P. Natarajan Of Ulaganeri In Madurai Serves As ‘Magistrate’ For 21 Years.
- Arun Jaitley Said Judicial Activism Based On Flawed Premise.
- ILSCA – PACT Workshop on ADR Methods @ ILS Law College, Pune [Jan 20-23]: Register by Jan 10
- Call for Papers: Conference on Emerging India of 2030 in the Global Context @ Cordia Institutes, Sanghol, Punjab [December 2-3]: Submit by Nov 30
Bollywood Actor, Sanjay Dutt was released from jail eight months back, he was convicted for possessing arms which was a part of ammunition consignment used in the 1993 blasts and was sentenced for five years.
However, Maharastra released him on February 2016, eight months early, on account of his good conduct while in prison, owing to which PIL has been filed in Bombay HC challenging the aforesaid early released.
Bombay HC sought Maharastra Government reply by way of affidavit that what the parameters and aspects were considered by Maharastra Government while reducing the sentence. Maharastra Government submitted before the court that it has no objection in sending Sanjay Dutt back to jail if it turns out rules were not followed in releasing him early.
Court however, was not satisfied with the government’s reply and asked theMaha government to submit a fresh affidavit explaining the criteria of good behaviour that was applied to Dutt.