- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
Bollywood Actor, Sanjay Dutt was released from jail eight months back, he was convicted for possessing arms which was a part of ammunition consignment used in the 1993 blasts and was sentenced for five years.
However, Maharastra released him on February 2016, eight months early, on account of his good conduct while in prison, owing to which PIL has been filed in Bombay HC challenging the aforesaid early released.
Bombay HC sought Maharastra Government reply by way of affidavit that what the parameters and aspects were considered by Maharastra Government while reducing the sentence. Maharastra Government submitted before the court that it has no objection in sending Sanjay Dutt back to jail if it turns out rules were not followed in releasing him early.
Court however, was not satisfied with the government’s reply and asked theMaha government to submit a fresh affidavit explaining the criteria of good behaviour that was applied to Dutt.