- ticket title
- 13 year old rape survivor delivered a baby after getting nod from SC for abortion
- SC Passed An Order Stating That National Disaster Management Authority Should Give Special Attention To Children In The Event Of A Disaster.
- Death Sentence Awarded To Firoz Rashid Khan, Tahir Merchant, While Life Term To Salem, Karimullah Khan In 1993 Mumbai Bombings
- Common Citizens Are Harassed By Certain Delhi Development Authority Officers .
- Bombay HC Seeks Removal Of Links To Blue Whale Challenge From Social Media
Bollywood Actor, Sanjay Dutt was released from jail eight months back, he was convicted for possessing arms which was a part of ammunition consignment used in the 1993 blasts and was sentenced for five years.
However, Maharastra released him on February 2016, eight months early, on account of his good conduct while in prison, owing to which PIL has been filed in Bombay HC challenging the aforesaid early released.
Bombay HC sought Maharastra Government reply by way of affidavit that what the parameters and aspects were considered by Maharastra Government while reducing the sentence. Maharastra Government submitted before the court that it has no objection in sending Sanjay Dutt back to jail if it turns out rules were not followed in releasing him early.
Court however, was not satisfied with the government’s reply and asked theMaha government to submit a fresh affidavit explaining the criteria of good behaviour that was applied to Dutt.