- ticket title
- Maharastra Govt.: We are ready to send Sanjay Dutt to jail if it founds that any rule has been scorned.
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
Bollywood Actor, Sanjay Dutt was released from jail eight months back, he was convicted for possessing arms which was a part of ammunition consignment used in the 1993 blasts and was sentenced for five years.
However, Maharastra released him on February 2016, eight months early, on account of his good conduct while in prison, owing to which PIL has been filed in Bombay HC challenging the aforesaid early released.
Bombay HC sought Maharastra Government reply by way of affidavit that what the parameters and aspects were considered by Maharastra Government while reducing the sentence. Maharastra Government submitted before the court that it has no objection in sending Sanjay Dutt back to jail if it turns out rules were not followed in releasing him early.
Court however, was not satisfied with the government’s reply and asked theMaha government to submit a fresh affidavit explaining the criteria of good behaviour that was applied to Dutt.