- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC: Rivers like Ganga and Yamuna are legal entities
- Draft GST bills approved by the Union Cabinet
- Delhi HC: PIL filed against the anti-rape laws
- Justice Karnan cancelled the bailable warrant issued by SC against him
- Samajwadi party desolates it’s under trail minister due to rape charges
The Uttarakhand high court on Monday declared the Ganga and Yamuna as living entities and they also have legal rights, Court said that this could help in efforts to clean the polluted and choked rivers.
The court’s recognition of the rivers comes just days after New Zealand a passed a bill declaring the river as a living entity and bestowed them legal rights.
HC Court allowed the director general of Namami Gange project, Uttarakhand chief secretary and advocate general the right to represent the Ganga. Hon’ble Court also direct of removal of encroachments from the Shakti Canal on the Yamuna in Dehradun district, the high court asked the district magistrate to clear the areas in 72 hours or face legal action.
Now case or complaint filed could now be filed in the name of the rivers and all the rights laid out in the Constitution of India confers to rivers also.