- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
The Uttarakhand high court on Monday declared the Ganga and Yamuna as living entities and they also have legal rights, Court said that this could help in efforts to clean the polluted and choked rivers.
The court’s recognition of the rivers comes just days after New Zealand a passed a bill declaring the river as a living entity and bestowed them legal rights.
HC Court allowed the director general of Namami Gange project, Uttarakhand chief secretary and advocate general the right to represent the Ganga. Hon’ble Court also direct of removal of encroachments from the Shakti Canal on the Yamuna in Dehradun district, the high court asked the district magistrate to clear the areas in 72 hours or face legal action.
Now case or complaint filed could now be filed in the name of the rivers and all the rights laid out in the Constitution of India confers to rivers also.