- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
The Uttarakhand high court on Monday declared the Ganga and Yamuna as living entities and they also have legal rights, Court said that this could help in efforts to clean the polluted and choked rivers.
The court’s recognition of the rivers comes just days after New Zealand a passed a bill declaring the river as a living entity and bestowed them legal rights.
HC Court allowed the director general of Namami Gange project, Uttarakhand chief secretary and advocate general the right to represent the Ganga. Hon’ble Court also direct of removal of encroachments from the Shakti Canal on the Yamuna in Dehradun district, the high court asked the district magistrate to clear the areas in 72 hours or face legal action.
Now case or complaint filed could now be filed in the name of the rivers and all the rights laid out in the Constitution of India confers to rivers also.