- ticket title
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
Election Commission has been the targeted by political parties over its voting machines as in BJP has gained majority in most of the constituencies, it has been alleged by the political parties that Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) had been tempered before it came in use. Election Commission hold EVM challenge on Saturday.
Uttarakhand High Court while hearing the petition pertaining to efficacy of EVM and seeking stay on EVM challenge passed harsh order which barring political parties, non-government organisations and individuals from “criticising the use of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in the recently conducted elections of state assemblies”.
High Court allowed the election commission to go ahead with the EVM Challenge that it was to hold on Saturday but it won’t frowned the outcome of pending election petitions.