- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Election Commission has been the targeted by political parties over its voting machines as in BJP has gained majority in most of the constituencies, it has been alleged by the political parties that Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) had been tempered before it came in use. Election Commission hold EVM challenge on Saturday.
Uttarakhand High Court while hearing the petition pertaining to efficacy of EVM and seeking stay on EVM challenge passed harsh order which barring political parties, non-government organisations and individuals from “criticising the use of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in the recently conducted elections of state assemblies”.
High Court allowed the election commission to go ahead with the EVM Challenge that it was to hold on Saturday but it won’t frowned the outcome of pending election petitions.