- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
The Uttarakhand High Court, division bench headed by Justices Rajiv Sharma and Alok Singh ordered a complete ban on killing of wild animals like tigers, leopards and panthers that are declared maneaters.
While imposing the ban Uttarakhand HC said “The wild animal who pose threat to human life should be captured alive by using tranquilizer gun in the presence of a veterinary doctor and shall be thereafter released in nearby forest”.
The decision, whether an animal causes threat to a human being, it said, shall be taken at the highest level by a committee comprising of principal secretary (forest) and principal chief conservator of forest.