- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
The Uttarakhand High Court, division bench headed by Justices Rajiv Sharma and Alok Singh ordered a complete ban on killing of wild animals like tigers, leopards and panthers that are declared maneaters.
While imposing the ban Uttarakhand HC said “The wild animal who pose threat to human life should be captured alive by using tranquilizer gun in the presence of a veterinary doctor and shall be thereafter released in nearby forest”.
The decision, whether an animal causes threat to a human being, it said, shall be taken at the highest level by a committee comprising of principal secretary (forest) and principal chief conservator of forest.