THE JOURNAL FOR INDIAN RESEARCHERS 1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION-2018
The Journal for Indian Researchers in association with the members of various schools of law, across India, presents its ‘1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION-2018’. The Journal for Indian Researchers is dedicated to advancing the study of national, international, and other important issues of law in their wider sense. Requesting bi-monthly precise articles, short articles, and research papers in any field of law from scholars, law students, law professors, judges, and people from related fields, such as mass communication and journalism, public administration, and political science, the Journal purposes to deliver a critical examination of present issues, the debates and the universal trends that have immense impact on the field of law.
Website: click here
Email: [email protected]
Note: We have applied for an ISSN and will be updating the same soon on our website.
The present essay writing competition of “The Journal for Indian Researchers (TJIR)” does not restrict itself to any specific area of law. Hence, the Journal welcomes articles, short articles, and research papers from all legal branches or related branches, as long as the work is relevant, plagiarism free and up to date. Contributors may send their articles on any topic relating to Law.
A short abstract of 250-300 words that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper is required to be sent along with the article.
Short-Articles: (1500-2000 words, inclusive of footnotes);
Articles: (2500-3000 words, inclusive of footnotes);
Research Papers: (4000-5000 words, inclusive of footnotes);
A maximum of one co-author is permitted. Submissions more than one co-author shall be disqualified.
Uniform Style of Citation should be adhered to. The method of citation which is expected to be followed is Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
FORMAT OF THE MAIN TEXT & THE FOOTNOTES
Times New Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all articles. Further, the footnotes shall be in font size 10 and in the Times New Roman font. A line spacing of 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for the footnotes is to be followed. All articles are to be sent in either doc. or docx format. Note any submission in pdf form shall not be accepted.
HEADINGS SHOULD FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STANDARD:
Headings and Sub-Headings: All Capitals and Bold (Times New Roman font, in font size 14)
All articles being submitted are to be sent along with a duly filled Undertaking, the format for which is being attached to this official notification. The duly filed Undertaking has to be sent to the email address mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
NOTE: The Journal for Indian Researchers (TJIR) shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications. Only the moral rights shall vest with the author.
Registration fee is Rs 100 (for Single author) & 150 (for Co-author). Paytm: Make payment via transfer @ +91-8351033361 (If you don’t use Paytm then please drop us an email) and attach the screenshot while filling the registration form. Registrations can be done by filling form on given the link: CLICK HERE
Notwithstanding, a single payment of Rs. 300 for Postal Charges (for a printed copy of selected articles, and for a hard copy of a certificate of publication) shall be made by the author/authors.
Note: You have to pay a sum of Rs. 300, whether you want to get a hard copy of published research papers/articles/short articles or a hard copy of publication certificates or not. A payment of Rs. 300 is to be made once your article has been selected for publication in the Journal.
The Journal for Indian Researchers self-supporting Organisation and does not receive funding from any Institution/Government. Hence, the operation of the Journal is solely financed by processing fee received from the authors. The processing fee is required to meet operation expenses such as Internet Services. Being an open access Journal ‘The Journal for Indian Researchers’ does not receive any payment from subscription as the Journals are freely accessible over the Internet. It costs money to produce peer-reviewed edited and formatted articles that are ready for online publication and to host it on a server that is freely accessible without barriers around the clock. We asked that as a small part of the cost of doing the research the author, institution or funding agency pays a modest fee to help cover the actual cost of the essential final step, the publication.
Note: Processing fee is applicable only to those authors whose submission is reviewed and shortlisted by the Publishing Board/Advisory Board/Editorial Board for its publication. Processing shall be paid only after such confirmation.
Note: Best research paper/article/short article, shall be published free of cost.
- Two Editors of the Editorial Board will evaluate each submission and either admit or discard the paper for additional evaluations. In case of a draw, the Editor-In-Chief will also evaluate the submission. Submissions may be preliminarily rejected without complete evaluation if the topic does not appropriate the purposes of the journal as provided in the Guidelines for Authors. Upon approval, authors may receive proposals from Editors on alterations to be integrated before subjecting the paper to obligatory peer review.
- Two peer-reviewers with expertise in the subject matter will provide detailed opinion on submissions that have cleared the first stage of evaluation. Publication in the Journal will be depending on including these changes within the given time limit.
- One Editor will evaluate the paper for citation, spelling and grammar errors with feedback on regularity in style and tone, which will be sent back to the Author for corroboration before going to publication.
- One Copyright editor will evaluate the paper that, to ensure that submitted work is not an abuse of copyright law.
- Submitted work shall be published only on satisfaction of all the above-said criteria. However, the decision of the Publishing Board shall be final.
- Last date for registration: 25 February, 2018.
- Last date for submission of research papers/articles/short articles: 30th March, 2018.
- Confirmation of Selected Papers: On/before 30th April, 2018
HOW TO SUBMIT
All articles are to be mailed at [email protected] with the Subject: “THE JOURNAL FOR INDIAN RESEARCHERS 1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION-2018”, for any further details or queries, a mail can be sent to [email protected]
- A certificate of participation will be emailed to all the participants after the successful declaration of the result.
- A certificate of excellence will be given to three participants for their original and best research work.
- A sum of 1500 Rs will be awarded to one best research paper/article/short article.
- 2 another best entries will be given an opportunity to work with us on our legal blog as a ‘Content Writer’.
Note: Best research paper will be shortlisted by the Advisory & Editorial Board members.
- The articles/short-articles/research-papers published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- The name of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the article/short-article/research-paper.
- The Journal for Indian Researchers (TJIR) owns the right to discard entries which do not obey to the Guidelines for Submission.
- The Journal for Indian Researchers (TJIR) reserves the absolute rights to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the Competition in the event of the accruing of any event, natural or manmade (note in case of cancellation of the present competition the registration fee will be refunded).
1.) Mr. Varun Kumar (Editor-In-Chief, 8351033361, [email protected]).
2.) Mr. Abhishek Puri (Managing Editor, 9625577005, [email protected]).
3.) Mr. Amit (Assistant Managing Editor, 8262892004, [email protected]).
Journal Email: [email protected]