- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
An effective technological solution necessitates a comprehensive understanding of legal, political and social landscapes. We have therefore initiated Shaastra’s maiden Moot Court Competition, to stress the signiﬁcance of gauging the legal calculus while addressing the question of advancement.
Our Intellectual Property Law Moot Court aims to judiciously combine technology and
law. The moot problem is based on contemporary issues pervading SAP Mobile
We are delighted to invite you to the first edition of IIT Madras’ Moot Court.
The title sponsor for IIT Madras’ Moot Court is Surana and Surana International Attorneys. The pioneers of Moot Courts in India, they have hosted, administered and sponsored over a hundred Moot Court competitions.
Surana and Surana have played a huge role in developing a moot culture in India. They will be guiding us in the administration of the event.
Our knowledge partner is Anand and Anand. With a client base of several large multinational and Indian companies, they have been ranked among the top tier intellectual property firms in Asia. They will help us draft the case and evaluate memorials prior to the event.
5th – 7th January, 2018
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
Anyone who is presently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in law is eligible
to participate in the Moot Court.
Registration link is HERE.
First place: Rs. 50,000
Second place: Rs. 25,000
Best memorial: Rs. 10,000
Best speaker: Rs. 10,000
Second best speaker: Rs. 5000
Start of registration: 30th September, 2017
Last date for issue of clarifications: 15th November, 2017
Last date for Online Registration: 20th November, 2017
Last date for submission of memorials- Soft copy by email (both applicant and respondent) for selection of participating teams: 25th November, 2017
Confirmation of teams after evaluation of memorials: 5th December, 2017
Submission of memorials (Five Hard Copies) during Orientation: 5th January, 2018
Orientation: 5th January, 2018
Prelims/Quarters: 6th January, 2018
Semi-final, finals, Valediction & prize distribution: 7th January, 2018
RULES AND FORMAT
Rathnika Thomas: +91 98410 16410
Dheeraj Satyavolu: +91 80192 39159