- ticket title
- Justice Karnan found 7 Supreme Court judges guilty under SC/ST Atrocities Act of 1989
- Supreme Court upheld the Death penalty imposed by Delhi HC
- Sasikala approaches Supreme Court seeking review of DA case judgment
- Justice Karnan issued Non-Bailable warrant against SC judges
- Court directed to seal the EVM used in MCD elections in South Delhi
Today, Supreme Court gave a much awaited verdict on Nirbhaya case, rape convicts file an appeal against Delhi HC verdict who imposed a Death penalty on convicts, Supreme Court upheld the death penalty.
Court said that incident describe as a “story of a different world” and offence created a “tsunami of shock. The court referred to the dying declaration of the young woman and said the “brutal and demonic” crime had been proved beyond doubt.
A bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra, which appreciated the way in which the probe was conducted in the case with the help of modern and scientific techniques, said the aspect of CCTV footage was quite relevant in the prosecution’s case.
There was six convicts in this case Mukesh (24), Pawan (20), Vinay (22) and Akshay (29), these filed an appeal, one of them hanged him self in jail and other one was juvenile.