- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
Today, Supreme Court gave a much awaited verdict on Nirbhaya case, rape convicts file an appeal against Delhi HC verdict who imposed a Death penalty on convicts, Supreme Court upheld the death penalty.
Court said that incident describe as a “story of a different world” and offence created a “tsunami of shock. The court referred to the dying declaration of the young woman and said the “brutal and demonic” crime had been proved beyond doubt.
A bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra, which appreciated the way in which the probe was conducted in the case with the help of modern and scientific techniques, said the aspect of CCTV footage was quite relevant in the prosecution’s case.
There was six convicts in this case Mukesh (24), Pawan (20), Vinay (22) and Akshay (29), these filed an appeal, one of them hanged him self in jail and other one was juvenile.