- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
Contempt proceedings was initiated against a business tycoon, Vijay Mallya, who is now a fugitive as he left India after committing a fraud of thousands of crores, by the consortium of lender banks, led by the State Bank of India, for his failure to furnish details of all his Indian as well as offshore assets.
On May 9, he was found guilty by the Supreme Court, however, due to his non-appearance as he is presently in United Kingdom, Court refused to pronounce the quantum of sentence. Court said that “Contempt case against him would move further only when he is produced before it”.
Attorney General KK Venugopal said that the “Extradition proceedings are on and all steps are being taken by the government to produce him before the court”. On almost all previous hearings, court issued directions for his personal presence before the court but he has failed to appear till now. Today also, he was directed to appear to argue on the quantum of punishment.