- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Sahara chief Subrata Roy who has been on parole from long time. Today, Supreme Court extended his parole till June 19 with a condition that he will have to deposit Rs 1,500 crore otherwise he will be send in prison once again.
He gave an undertaking to a bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra that he would deposit Rs 1,500 crore by June 15 and another payment of Rs 552.22 crore by July 15 in the SEBI-Sahara account and filed an affidavit.
SC also ordered the arrest of Prakash Swamy who on last date he filed an affidavit on behalf a foreign firm who expressed its willingness to buy Sahara’s New York-based hotel, in consequence of this court ordered to deposit Rs 10 crore to which he failed.