- ticket title
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
- EDUCONCOURS 1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION 2017 (Prizes Worth Rs 5000/- + Publication)
Sahara chief Subrata Roy who has been on parole from long time. Today, Supreme Court extended his parole till June 19 with a condition that he will have to deposit Rs 1,500 crore otherwise he will be send in prison once again.
He gave an undertaking to a bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra that he would deposit Rs 1,500 crore by June 15 and another payment of Rs 552.22 crore by July 15 in the SEBI-Sahara account and filed an affidavit.
SC also ordered the arrest of Prakash Swamy who on last date he filed an affidavit on behalf a foreign firm who expressed its willingness to buy Sahara’s New York-based hotel, in consequence of this court ordered to deposit Rs 10 crore to which he failed.