- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
In the landmark judgment of Uttarakhand High Court, court declared Ganga, Yamuna and their tributaries as living entities. Apart from the aforementioned, Court ordered for eviction of encroachers from river bed and cast a huge burden on the state government which was expected to take care of it like a human being and be accountable for its maintenance .
The Uttarakhand HC judgment has been challenged before Supreme Court, in response to which, Supreme Court stayed the operation of above mentioned judgment as Court finds some ambiguities in the said judgment till the final adjudication.
The main ground of challenging is that how chief secretary here be held accountable if the river is polluted in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand or UP as the the aforementioned rivers has its tributaries in those states.