- ticket title
- Court found a crook guilty for obtaining law degree fraudulently and deceptively
- 13 year old rape survivor delivered a baby after getting nod from SC for abortion
- SC Passed An Order Stating That National Disaster Management Authority Should Give Special Attention To Children In The Event Of A Disaster.
- Death Sentence Awarded To Firoz Rashid Khan, Tahir Merchant, While Life Term To Salem, Karimullah Khan In 1993 Mumbai Bombings
- Common Citizens Are Harassed By Certain Delhi Development Authority Officers .
In the landmark judgment of Uttarakhand High Court, court declared Ganga, Yamuna and their tributaries as living entities. Apart from the aforementioned, Court ordered for eviction of encroachers from river bed and cast a huge burden on the state government which was expected to take care of it like a human being and be accountable for its maintenance .
The Uttarakhand HC judgment has been challenged before Supreme Court, in response to which, Supreme Court stayed the operation of above mentioned judgment as Court finds some ambiguities in the said judgment till the final adjudication.
The main ground of challenging is that how chief secretary here be held accountable if the river is polluted in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand or UP as the the aforementioned rivers has its tributaries in those states.