- ticket title
- DME Law College in association with Eastern Book Company, Lucknow will publish a bi-annual, peer reviewed and a refereed Journal to be called as, “DME Journal of Legal Studies” (DMEJLS)
- HC Issues Notice To Centre On Plea For Gender-Neutral Rape Law.
- FIR Of Indecency Against The Show Bigg Boss Is Quashed After 9 Years.
- Bombay High Court : Even If A Girl Had Two Boyfriends, The Same Does Not Empower Or Authorise the Applicant to Commit Penetrative Sexual Assault On Her .
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
Karnataka State Law University was established by Karnataka State Government in the year 2009 to provide quality legal education. Law School is situated in the University Campus only and this also has started in the year of 2009. Law School has a separate building along with the library and an auditorium. Library is well developed and has good collection of legal materials.
Courses Offered- It offers for 5 year BA, LLB and BBA, LLB. There is no opportunity for the three year course. The special feature is it provides for “Hons.” Course where it allows the students to have the highly upgraded syllabus. By that our law school is achieving to provide highly professional training to the students of law. This course offers for 70 marks examinations for every subjects and the rest 30 marks includes project works, seminars and attendance. Project works will be relating to current issues on laws, case studies and etc.
It also provides for Post Graduation Programme in 2 branches i.e. Constitutional Law and Intellectual Property Rights. There are opportunities for both 1 year and 2 year LLM Programme.
Moot Court Exercises- Law School gives very much importance to the moot activities. There will be Intra Moot Panel selection once in every year and some students will be chosen as mooters and some as researchers according to the individual performance. Panel members are at liberty to participate in any National or International Moot competitions. And they will get the guidance from the faculty members. Law School also do conduct arbitration and negotiations.
Other Exercises- Law School has succeeded in conduction some Legal Aid camps in association with other institutions and NGO’s in various places. Every camp will be involved by students and they play skit relating to some legal issues to create awareness among people. NSS Activities are conducted often. It organizes Youth Festival and the Law School has won General Championship twice. Blood Donation camps will be conducted once in year.
Honourable Vice Chancellor :Prof. (Dr.) T.R. Subramanya
Law School Director : Prof. C.S.Patil.
By : Vasavi Hegde