- ticket title
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
As firstly, Information and Broadcasting put one-day ban on NDTV’s Hindi channel for its coverage of the Pathankot terror attack saying such a ban is ” illegal and unconstitutional ”, however, NDTV refuted the allegations . To which NDTV approach SC against one day ban before the hearing of matter I & B Minister Venkaiah Naidu put on hold the one-day ban on NDTV’s Hindi channel.
Today, during the hearing of matter NDTV’s counsel, senior advocate Fali S Nariman and Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi said there was no real urgency as the decision to ban the transmission on November 9 has been put on hold by the government.
Justices A K Sikri and N V Ramana was told by the Attorney General that NDTV will be given a hearing by the inter-ministerial committee before whom it has made a representation for a review of the decision directing NDTV India to go off the air for allegedly violating the telecast norms during the Pathakot terror incident.
Now, SC fixed December 5 for the next hearing of matter.