- ticket title
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
As firstly, Information and Broadcasting put one-day ban on NDTV’s Hindi channel for its coverage of the Pathankot terror attack saying such a ban is ” illegal and unconstitutional ”, however, NDTV refuted the allegations . To which NDTV approach SC against one day ban before the hearing of matter I & B Minister Venkaiah Naidu put on hold the one-day ban on NDTV’s Hindi channel.
Today, during the hearing of matter NDTV’s counsel, senior advocate Fali S Nariman and Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi said there was no real urgency as the decision to ban the transmission on November 9 has been put on hold by the government.
Justices A K Sikri and N V Ramana was told by the Attorney General that NDTV will be given a hearing by the inter-ministerial committee before whom it has made a representation for a review of the decision directing NDTV India to go off the air for allegedly violating the telecast norms during the Pathakot terror incident.
Now, SC fixed December 5 for the next hearing of matter.