- ticket title
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
- Fake Lawyer P. Natarajan Of Ulaganeri In Madurai Serves As ‘Magistrate’ For 21 Years.
- Arun Jaitley Said Judicial Activism Based On Flawed Premise.
- ILSCA – PACT Workshop on ADR Methods @ ILS Law College, Pune [Jan 20-23]: Register by Jan 10
- Call for Papers: Conference on Emerging India of 2030 in the Global Context @ Cordia Institutes, Sanghol, Punjab [December 2-3]: Submit by Nov 30
Centre made Aadhar Card mandatory for filing of income tax returns and allotment of PAN by incorporating a new Section 139AA in Income Tax Act. Today, vacation bench upheld the validity of the such law, Court, however, exempted those without it for now until the larger bench decide the privacy issue.
In consequence of the judgment, those who possess the Aadhar card must link it to their PAN and those who have enrolled and not yet got their Aadhaar card are also exempted from mandatory linkage. Since Court upheld the validity of law, however, imposed a partial stay on it till its constitution bench decides the right to privacy issue connected with it.
Bench comprising Justices A K Sikri and Ashok Bhushan observed that there was no conflict between the impugned provision of the Income Tax Act and the Aadhaar Act and impugned section doesn’t have retrospective effect.