- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
Centre made Aadhar Card mandatory for filing of income tax returns and allotment of PAN by incorporating a new Section 139AA in Income Tax Act. Today, vacation bench upheld the validity of the such law, Court, however, exempted those without it for now until the larger bench decide the privacy issue.
In consequence of the judgment, those who possess the Aadhar card must link it to their PAN and those who have enrolled and not yet got their Aadhaar card are also exempted from mandatory linkage. Since Court upheld the validity of law, however, imposed a partial stay on it till its constitution bench decides the right to privacy issue connected with it.
Bench comprising Justices A K Sikri and Ashok Bhushan observed that there was no conflict between the impugned provision of the Income Tax Act and the Aadhaar Act and impugned section doesn’t have retrospective effect.