- ticket title
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
Centre made Aadhar Card mandatory for filing of income tax returns and allotment of PAN by incorporating a new Section 139AA in Income Tax Act. Today, vacation bench upheld the validity of the such law, Court, however, exempted those without it for now until the larger bench decide the privacy issue.
In consequence of the judgment, those who possess the Aadhar card must link it to their PAN and those who have enrolled and not yet got their Aadhaar card are also exempted from mandatory linkage. Since Court upheld the validity of law, however, imposed a partial stay on it till its constitution bench decides the right to privacy issue connected with it.
Bench comprising Justices A K Sikri and Ashok Bhushan observed that there was no conflict between the impugned provision of the Income Tax Act and the Aadhaar Act and impugned section doesn’t have retrospective effect.