- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
As a result of Goa election, Congress won 17 seats and on the other hand BjP took 13 seats but the Governor of Goa grant permission to Shri Manohar Parikar who belongs to BJP to form government.
The Decision of Governor was challenged by Congress Party through their representative. It has been alleged that Governor without talking to the leader of the single largest party, call other party to form government. Petitioner also sought injunction on swearing of Manihar Parikar.
CJI JS Khehar said to Sr. Advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi who represents Petitioner that If somebody claims numbers, and if you don’t say what he says is incorrect, then the Governor considers that claim. You had enough time, even full night. There is not a single affidavit from any member who support you.
SC refused to stay the swearing in of BJP leader Manohar Parrikar as the chief minister of Goa and ordered a floor test on 16 March (Thursday) and said all issues raised in it can be resolved by a simple direction of holding the floor test. Numbers should determine the single largest party in Goa and the bench asked the Congress why they didn’t approach the governor to stake claim to form the government.