- ticket title
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
Last year, one of the law student enrolled in Amity University, Noida had committed suicide, it has been alleged that student committed suicide due to the harassment done by college management.
On such incident, the friend of deceased wrote a letter to the former CJI TS Thakur. On that letter, SC took a suo moto cognizance to see whether there was an “element of suspicion” that the incident took place due to “harassment”. SC also appointed senior advocate and jurist F S Nariman as the amicus curiae to assist the court.
The Supreme Court today transferred the case to the Delhi High Court. A bench of Justices Adarsh Kumar Goel and Uday Umesh Lalit directed the apex court registry to send the judicial records related to the case to the high court.