- ticket title
- Call for Papers: IFA Law Journal: Deadline 10th October,2017
- HC Prohibits Patanjali Ad Targeting Hindustan Unilever’s Soaps.
- Gujarat HC Passed An Order Stating That Practicing Chartered Accountant Cannot Enroll As A Lawyer .
- SC stays Bombay HC order restricting the use of loudspeakers
- JOB POST: Litigation Associate @ MNSA Legal, Delhi [PQE: 2 Years]: Apply by Sept 10
Last year, one of the law student enrolled in Amity University, Noida had committed suicide, it has been alleged that student committed suicide due to the harassment done by college management.
On such incident, the friend of deceased wrote a letter to the former CJI TS Thakur. On that letter, SC took a suo moto cognizance to see whether there was an “element of suspicion” that the incident took place due to “harassment”. SC also appointed senior advocate and jurist F S Nariman as the amicus curiae to assist the court.
The Supreme Court today transferred the case to the Delhi High Court. A bench of Justices Adarsh Kumar Goel and Uday Umesh Lalit directed the apex court registry to send the judicial records related to the case to the high court.