- ticket title
- SC stays Bombay HC order restricting the use of loudspeakers
- JOB POST: Litigation Associate @ MNSA Legal, Delhi [PQE: 2 Years]: Apply by Sept 10
- Despite The Orders Of Court The Ads Of Sex Determination Is Not Banned In India.
- SC Stays Bombay HC Order Banning Use Of Loudspeakers By Granting Interim Stay.
- Call for Papers: Lex Revolution: Vol III, ISSUE 4: Deadline: 31st October, 2017.
On 1st September, Bombay HC had lifted interim stay on new Centre’s rules pertaining to noise pollution as being unconstitutional for violative of Article 21, further, the rules circumvents the earlier judgment of Bombay HC whereby, court declared the area with 100 meters of any educational institutions, courts and hospitals as silence zones.
However, the aforesaid judgment lasts only for three days as today Hon’ble Supreme Court stayed the Bombay HC stay order, consequently, noise levels during Tuesday’s visarjan can be as high as the noisemakers wish it to be.
Additional Solicitor General submitted before the Court that “If these all India rules are implemented in a literal sense, then you cannot use loudspeakers near a small clinic, school or even court premises which will virtually make the entire country go silent,”. Court sought a reply from the activists in favour of the ban within two weeks and restrained the high court from passing any further orders in the matter.