- ticket title
- Call for Papers: NLU Jodhpur’s Journal of Intellectual Property Studies: Submit by Jan 20
- NATIONAL ROUNDS: The Louis M Brown and Forrest S Mosten International Client Consultation Competition [ICFAI, Hyderabad, Jan 19-21]: Register by Jan 6
- CFP: Amity Law School’s Conference on Socio-Legal Rights of Women [Feb 9-10, Jaipur]: Submit by Dec 15
- GNLU’s Certificate Course on Introduction to Japanese Law [January 8-12]: Register by Jan 3
- IIM Calcutta Model United Nations [Dec 16-17]: Registrations Open
Petition filed by an IIT aspirant to quash the IIT-JEE 2017 rank list as some of the questions in entrance test has found to be incorrect resultant to which IIT awarded additional marks to all candidates who appeared for the test even if the candidate has not attempted the said questions.
Petitioner alleged that grace should be given to only those candidates who have attempted the questions not to the one who left the questions blank. Submission made on behalf of Petitioner was that awarding “bonus marks” to the candidates who appeared in the JEE (Advanced) 2017 examination was wrong and violated her right, as well as that of other students.
The alternative remedies Petitioner has suggested the court that to conduct fresh examination and prepare a fresh merit list or grant all students another opportunity to appear in the next year examination.
SC grant interim stay by restraining Indian Institutes of Technology till further orders from conducting counselling or admitting students subsequent to this year’s Joint Entrance Examination.