- ticket title
- SC restrains IIT to conduct counseling or admitting students till further orders
- FIR registered against two AAP MLA’s for assaulting a woman
- Sahara case: SC rejected the extension to deposit Rs. 552.21 crore
- Former Justice Karnan got hospitalized
- Punjab is all set to bypass Supreme Court ruling on ban on liquor sale
Petition filed by an IIT aspirant to quash the IIT-JEE 2017 rank list as some of the questions in entrance test has found to be incorrect resultant to which IIT awarded additional marks to all candidates who appeared for the test even if the candidate has not attempted the said questions.
Petitioner alleged that grace should be given to only those candidates who have attempted the questions not to the one who left the questions blank. Submission made on behalf of Petitioner was that awarding “bonus marks” to the candidates who appeared in the JEE (Advanced) 2017 examination was wrong and violated her right, as well as that of other students.
The alternative remedies Petitioner has suggested the court that to conduct fresh examination and prepare a fresh merit list or grant all students another opportunity to appear in the next year examination.
SC grant interim stay by restraining Indian Institutes of Technology till further orders from conducting counselling or admitting students subsequent to this year’s Joint Entrance Examination.