- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Petition filed by an IIT aspirant to quash the IIT-JEE 2017 rank list as some of the questions in entrance test has found to be incorrect resultant to which IIT awarded additional marks to all candidates who appeared for the test even if the candidate has not attempted the said questions.
Petitioner alleged that grace should be given to only those candidates who have attempted the questions not to the one who left the questions blank. Submission made on behalf of Petitioner was that awarding “bonus marks” to the candidates who appeared in the JEE (Advanced) 2017 examination was wrong and violated her right, as well as that of other students.
The alternative remedies Petitioner has suggested the court that to conduct fresh examination and prepare a fresh merit list or grant all students another opportunity to appear in the next year examination.
SC grant interim stay by restraining Indian Institutes of Technology till further orders from conducting counselling or admitting students subsequent to this year’s Joint Entrance Examination.