- ticket title
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
From past few days, Saharanpur district has again witnessed a confrontation between upper caste and lower caste which led to violence and disorder at large scale as the people has been killed, injured and articles has burnt and stolen from the houses.
PIL has been filed before Supreme Court, sought probe by a Special Investigation Team into the recent incidents of caste violence and direction to the state government to compensate families which lost their members and those who sustained injuries and lost properties.
Plea also alleges that police had resorted to lathi charge on innocent people and around 100 villagers sustained injuries in the lathi charge.It further, alleges that local administration and the police have failed miserably to control the violence and not conducting a fair and an impartial investigation.
Petitioner has mentioned the plea for an urgent hearing, saying that judicial intervention is needed in this case. However, vacation bench reject the plea of urgent hearing.