- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Congress chief whip challenged the introduction of NOTA by Election Commission in indirect elections, Petition has filed by Petitioner before upcoming poll for three Rajya Sabha seats in Gujarat. Petitioner also sought the interim stay on such introduction.
Plea raised by Petitioner is that such introduction would lead to corruption as the member of respective parties could be bought by other party which would be detrimental for the party and such notification is ex facie impedes the statute. BJP hasn’t opposed the contentions, which clears that they also do not relish with the move of Election Commission.
However, Supreme Court was not satisfied with the contention so as to grant interm stay on notification but in the meantime, SC expressed its concern and said that NOTA option is a constitutional issue which needs to be debated, therefore fixed the matter on 19 September for detailed hearing.