- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
Congress chief whip challenged the introduction of NOTA by Election Commission in indirect elections, Petition has filed by Petitioner before upcoming poll for three Rajya Sabha seats in Gujarat. Petitioner also sought the interim stay on such introduction.
Plea raised by Petitioner is that such introduction would lead to corruption as the member of respective parties could be bought by other party which would be detrimental for the party and such notification is ex facie impedes the statute. BJP hasn’t opposed the contentions, which clears that they also do not relish with the move of Election Commission.
However, Supreme Court was not satisfied with the contention so as to grant interm stay on notification but in the meantime, SC expressed its concern and said that NOTA option is a constitutional issue which needs to be debated, therefore fixed the matter on 19 September for detailed hearing.