- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
Considering the unfortunate demise of seven year old infant viz Pradyuman, Gurugram Bar Council decided by passing a resolution that no one from the bar will appear for/ represent the accused’s in the case. In view of the abovesaid resolution by bar, Ryan Group approached SC so as to transfer the case from Gurugram to Delhi.
Supreme Court today, held the abovementioned resolution is ex-facie erroneous. Bench headed by Hon’ble Chief justice observed that “Tradition of Bar is that they are under an obligation not to obstruct any lawyer from appearing for anyone whosoever he or she is. This resolution is absolutely erroneous in law”, in the meantime lawyer’s body elucidates that the resolution has been withdrawn, thereby, any lawyer can appear now for accused’s.
Further, the counsel appearing for lawyer’s body assured the Apex Court that “none of the members of the bar and other persons shall create any kind of impediment to any counsel appearing for the petitioner (accused)”. As of now the matter is pending before the appropritae court having jurisdiction for matter pertaining to Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Sohna.