- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Considering the unfortunate demise of seven year old infant viz Pradyuman, Gurugram Bar Council decided by passing a resolution that no one from the bar will appear for/ represent the accused’s in the case. In view of the abovesaid resolution by bar, Ryan Group approached SC so as to transfer the case from Gurugram to Delhi.
Supreme Court today, held the abovementioned resolution is ex-facie erroneous. Bench headed by Hon’ble Chief justice observed that “Tradition of Bar is that they are under an obligation not to obstruct any lawyer from appearing for anyone whosoever he or she is. This resolution is absolutely erroneous in law”, in the meantime lawyer’s body elucidates that the resolution has been withdrawn, thereby, any lawyer can appear now for accused’s.
Further, the counsel appearing for lawyer’s body assured the Apex Court that “none of the members of the bar and other persons shall create any kind of impediment to any counsel appearing for the petitioner (accused)”. As of now the matter is pending before the appropritae court having jurisdiction for matter pertaining to Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Sohna.