- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Centre by its two notifications, viz, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Market) Rules, 2017 and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Care and Maintenance of Case Property animals) Rules, 2017 strengthens the trade in livestock and transport of cattle to ensure their welfare and prevent smuggling.
Tighten measures of notifications was challenged before various High Courts and was met with different decisions, eventually, Supreme Court came to sway the controversy and by its 11 July order imposed a nationwide stay on both the notifications.
The petition was filed before SC seeks clarification and modifications in its earlier 11 July order, Petitioner sought the stay to be vacated from Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (Case Property Animals Rules 2017) as the same was not stayed by Madras HC and the object is to ensure the welfare of animals in cattle market and adequate facilities for housing, feeding, veterinary care, etc., aforementioned 11 July’s order passed by SC was in pursuance of Madras HC stay on notification.
SC on Friday vacated the nationwide stay on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Care and Maintenance of Case Property animals). Further, as the ASG submitted that government is looking into the objections from various stakeholders and rules are under scrutiny after which it will be tabled in Parliament, therefore, stay on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Market) Rules, 2017 still prevails.