- ticket title
- JOB POST: Litigation Associate @ MNSA Legal, Delhi [PQE: 2 Years]: Apply by Sept 10
- Despite The Orders Of Court The Ads Of Sex Determination Is Not Banned In India.
- SC Stays Bombay HC Order Banning Use Of Loudspeakers By Granting Interim Stay.
- Call for Papers: Lex Revolution: Vol III, ISSUE 4: Deadline: 31st October, 2017.
- Conference: GNLU International Conference On Banking and Finance: 17-18 March, 2018
Centre by its two notifications, viz, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Market) Rules, 2017 and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Care and Maintenance of Case Property animals) Rules, 2017 strengthens the trade in livestock and transport of cattle to ensure their welfare and prevent smuggling.
Tighten measures of notifications was challenged before various High Courts and was met with different decisions, eventually, Supreme Court came to sway the controversy and by its 11 July order imposed a nationwide stay on both the notifications.
The petition was filed before SC seeks clarification and modifications in its earlier 11 July order, Petitioner sought the stay to be vacated from Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (Case Property Animals Rules 2017) as the same was not stayed by Madras HC and the object is to ensure the welfare of animals in cattle market and adequate facilities for housing, feeding, veterinary care, etc., aforementioned 11 July’s order passed by SC was in pursuance of Madras HC stay on notification.
SC on Friday vacated the nationwide stay on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Care and Maintenance of Case Property animals). Further, as the ASG submitted that government is looking into the objections from various stakeholders and rules are under scrutiny after which it will be tabled in Parliament, therefore, stay on Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Market) Rules, 2017 still prevails.