- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
In the history of Indian Judiciary for the first time Supreme Court issue a bailable warrant against a sitting high court judge, Justice CS Karnan for not appearing in a contempt case in which SC took a suo moto cognizance.
A warrant has been issued by seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India JS Khehar as he was asked to appear in court, instead of appearing in court, Justice Karnan wrote to the judges alleged that he was targeted because he is a Dalit.
SC stripped the judge of his judicial and administrative work and also transferred him from the Madras High Court to the high court in Bengal. He “stayed” or put on hold his own transfer order.
Justice Karnan wrote letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and a few others alleging corruption among former and current judges in the country.
One of the Petition was also filed by wife of Madras HC judge against Justice Karnan alleging that he is harassing their family and making false allegations against her husband.