- ticket title
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
- Fake Lawyer P. Natarajan Of Ulaganeri In Madurai Serves As ‘Magistrate’ For 21 Years.
- Arun Jaitley Said Judicial Activism Based On Flawed Premise.
- ILSCA – PACT Workshop on ADR Methods @ ILS Law College, Pune [Jan 20-23]: Register by Jan 10
- Call for Papers: Conference on Emerging India of 2030 in the Global Context @ Cordia Institutes, Sanghol, Punjab [December 2-3]: Submit by Nov 30
Yesterday, Justice Karnan found 7 Supreme Court judges guilty under SC-ST Act and sentenced them to 5 years rigorous punishment, now its Supreme Court who in today’s hearing found Karnan guilty in contempt proceedings against him and punishing him with six months jail.
Court observed that Justice Karnan is guilty of contempt of SC, judiciary and judicial process. Senior advocate KK Venugopal, who was assisting Supreme Court in this proceeding against put up a question before bench that Should the court wait till his retirement otherwise sending him to jail would create a blemish in the history of judiciary as a sitting judge being jailed. In Response to this Court said contempt power does not recognise or differentiate who is what — a judge or a common man.
It is pertinent to mention here that Judicial and administrative powers of Justice Karnan has been suspended but power of Supreme Court judges is not subjected to same. Court directed West Bengal DGP to take into custody the disgraced judge.