- ticket title
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
- Fake Lawyer P. Natarajan Of Ulaganeri In Madurai Serves As ‘Magistrate’ For 21 Years.
- Arun Jaitley Said Judicial Activism Based On Flawed Premise.
- ILSCA – PACT Workshop on ADR Methods @ ILS Law College, Pune [Jan 20-23]: Register by Jan 10
- Call for Papers: Conference on Emerging India of 2030 in the Global Context @ Cordia Institutes, Sanghol, Punjab [December 2-3]: Submit by Nov 30
Subrata Roy, Sahara chief who was landed into the jail for defaulting in reimbursing the money of the investor’s. Last year, parole was granted to him, however, it’s been extended by the court ever since as during the period of parole, he has been deposited the small amounts of defaulting amount at regular intervals.
Subrata Roy gave assurance to the court that he will pay Rs 1,500 crore on or before June 15 and Rs 552.22 crore exactly a month thereafter. However, he had paid only Rs 790.18 by June 15 and was granted 10 more days till July 4 for payment of Rs 709.82 crore.
Today, he paid the rest of the amount i.e. Rs 709.82 crore and sought extension to deposit the sum of Rs. 552.21 crore, whose deadline is July 15. However, Court rejected the extension and made clear that it would not extend beyound July 15 the deadline for depositing Rs 552.21 crore and warned that appropriate action will be taken if the cheque is not realised.
It can be construed from the aforementioned that he might be send to jail again if he would failed to deposit the amount of Rs. Rs 552.21 crore. Court also notify that Sahara has deposited a total of Rs 1500.40 crore and now Rs 9,000 crore remained due on the principal amount of Rs 24,000 crore.