- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
One of the most eminent Senior Advocate of India, Mr. Ram Jethmalani who is in the headlines nowadays as he is representing Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal in a Civil as well Criminal defamation case filed by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Case has filed because Kejriwal accuses Jaitley of making unsubstantiated allegations of corruption against the Finance Minister related to the period when he headed the Delhi and District Cricket Association.
Jethmalani also cross examined Jaitley. Now he sent bill pertaining to his fee which amounts Rs. 3.8 crones (Rs.1crore in retainership and Rs.22 lakh for each appearance). For this CM said he exposed the scam, hence, AAP wanted the taxpayers’ money to foot the bill of the Mr. Jethmalni.
During media coverage when he asked about the bill raised he said “I will certainly defend him even if he can’t pay, but he said ‘no, I want to pay, send us the bills’, so I have sent bills. If it is incumbent on me to support him and his livelihood I will support him, because he is a clean force as opposed to Arun Jaitley,”.
He further said “he charge only the rich but for poor I work for free. All this is instigated by Mr.Jailtley who’s afraid of my cross-examination, Even if (Delhi) government doesn’t pay or he can’t pay, I will appear for free, will treat him (Kejriwal) as one of my poor clients,”.