- ticket title
- Special TADA Court today sentenced the prime accused’s of Mumbai Serial Blasts, 1993
- Patna HC upheld the life imprisonment awarded to Shahabuddin and his accomplices
- Call for Papers: IFA Law Journal: Deadline 10th October,2017
- HC Prohibits Patanjali Ad Targeting Hindustan Unilever’s Soaps.
- Gujarat HC Passed An Order Stating That Practicing Chartered Accountant Cannot Enroll As A Lawyer .
Last year, Supreme Court directed States and Union Territories to not to grant licences for sale of liquor at national and state highways across the country, court observed that drunken driving has been the main reason for the plenty of road accidents.
Some of the states bypassed Supreme court’s order in passive way by denotifying hundreds of kilometres of highways as local roads. Among these, Punjab has became the first State to make the amendment for allowing liquor sale near highways.
The amendment Bill, 2017, relating to Punjab Excise Act, 1914, was put forth in the ongoing Budget session of the State Assembly for enactment. On June 19, cabinet gave the nod for the draft amendment Bill, 2017.
Enactment of above mentioned amendment bill would debar the hotels, restaurants and clubs situated on the national and state highway from the Supreme Court ruling.