- ticket title
- Mention before SC for Early listing of Asaram’s bail plea
- PIL seeking SIT probe in Sunanda Pushkar Case was dismissed by Delhi HC
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
Last year, Supreme Court directed States and Union Territories to not to grant licences for sale of liquor at national and state highways across the country, court observed that drunken driving has been the main reason for the plenty of road accidents.
Some of the states bypassed Supreme court’s order in passive way by denotifying hundreds of kilometres of highways as local roads. Among these, Punjab has became the first State to make the amendment for allowing liquor sale near highways.
The amendment Bill, 2017, relating to Punjab Excise Act, 1914, was put forth in the ongoing Budget session of the State Assembly for enactment. On June 19, cabinet gave the nod for the draft amendment Bill, 2017.
Enactment of above mentioned amendment bill would debar the hotels, restaurants and clubs situated on the national and state highway from the Supreme Court ruling.