- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
India has approached ICJ regarding the death sentence passed by Pakistan Military Court against Kulbhushan Jadhav. Senior Advocate Harish Salve is representing India in this case. Kulbhushan Jadhav is the former navy officer held guilty by a Pakistani military court of spying.
Main argument raised by India is that “Pakistan has done egregious violations of the Vienna convention” by denying him access to legal counsel and consular access, and refusing to reveal the charges or evidence against him.
The government wants the ICJ to adjudicate whether Pakistan has breached the convention and international human rights law and till the final decision India sought a provisional stay on Jadhav’s execution as government expressed the fear that Pakistan could execute him even before the UN court decides on its appeal.
Today, ICJ put a provision stay by Unanimous decision on Jadhav’s execution and direct Pakistan to take all measures at its disposal to ensure that Mr Jadhav is not executed pending the final decision in these proceedings