- ticket title
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
- EDUCONCOURS 1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION 2017 (Prizes Worth Rs 5000/- + Publication)
Prof.(Dr.) Bhavani Prasad Panda,
Vice Chancellor, Maharashtra National Law University,Mumbai
Prof. Dr. Bhavani Prasad Panda is the Vice-Chancellor of Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai. He graduated in LL.B from Lingaraj Law College, Berhampur, Orissa in 1979. Then he completed his LL.M from Andhra University where his topic of dissertation in LL.M was “Criminological Aspects of Sexual Offences: with special reference to Rape Law in India, Andhra University – 1987”.
Previously Prof. Panda has held 16 other educational seats in various law institutes of India. He found his place as the Principal of NBM Law College, Professor of WBNUJS, Principal of Lingaraj Law College, Dean, Faculty of Legal Studies (BU), Chairman, Board of Studies Law, BU among others. He has numerous publications and has been an active member of different academic, executive and financial councils of various institutions till date.
His area of specialization includes – Criminal Law and Administration, Criminology and Penology, Legal education and Research Methodology, Human Rights Law and Legal Order and Environmental Law.