- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
PIL has been filed before Delhi High Court to strike down the provisions of the India Penal Code which renders marital rape as unconstitutional. For the consideration of aforesaid PIL Chief Justice has issued notice to the Centre and sought it’s views.
PIL seeks to stuck down Exception 2 of section 375 of the IPC as being ultra vires Articles 14, 15 and 21 of the Constitution, it regarded wives as the property of husbands which is too colonial and anachronistic.
Petition is filed by the victim of marital rape and domestic violence, who sought shelter at a shelter home as she was compelled to left her matrimonial home.