- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
PIL has been filed before Delhi High Court to strike down the provisions of the India Penal Code which renders marital rape as unconstitutional. For the consideration of aforesaid PIL Chief Justice has issued notice to the Centre and sought it’s views.
PIL seeks to stuck down Exception 2 of section 375 of the IPC as being ultra vires Articles 14, 15 and 21 of the Constitution, it regarded wives as the property of husbands which is too colonial and anachronistic.
Petition is filed by the victim of marital rape and domestic violence, who sought shelter at a shelter home as she was compelled to left her matrimonial home.