- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
Following the judgment of Special CBI Court whereby Dera Sacha Sauda chief, Gurmeet Ram Rahim was found guilty of rape, the followers of self proclaimed god messenger created havoc and caused mayhem resulting which catastrophe to public as well as private property and life’s of innocent individuals.
Considering the ravages so caused Special Bench constituted by Punjab &a Haryana High Court and passed the relevant order so as to control and inhibit the further damages. Punjab and Haryana HC directed the appropriate authorities to attach the properties of rape convict if any of his follower found to be responsible for causing ferocity so as to compensate the damages caused.
Court further directed that the remnant proceedings regarding the quantum of punishment shall be take place in Rohtak jail where the rape convict has been confined, adequate orders pertaining to traveling and availability of staffs has been passed by the court.