- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
Following the judgment of Special CBI Court whereby Dera Sacha Sauda chief, Gurmeet Ram Rahim was found guilty of rape, the followers of self proclaimed god messenger created havoc and caused mayhem resulting which catastrophe to public as well as private property and life’s of innocent individuals.
Considering the ravages so caused Special Bench constituted by Punjab &a Haryana High Court and passed the relevant order so as to control and inhibit the further damages. Punjab and Haryana HC directed the appropriate authorities to attach the properties of rape convict if any of his follower found to be responsible for causing ferocity so as to compensate the damages caused.
Court further directed that the remnant proceedings regarding the quantum of punishment shall be take place in Rohtak jail where the rape convict has been confined, adequate orders pertaining to traveling and availability of staffs has been passed by the court.