- ticket title
- 1st Vidhi Aagaz National Article Writing Competition [Prizes Worth Rs. 2.7k]: Register by Dec 20
- Jamia Millia Islamia Model United Nations [Feb 17-18, 2018]: Registrations Open
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 2ND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND GENDER JUSTICE ; Submit Abstract By 5 December 2017
- Call for Papers: CHESD National Conference On Environment Law, Health and Sustainable Development [07 January 2018]: Submit by Dec 23
- President Ram Nath Kovind Called Upon Legal Fraternity To Provide Free Services To Poor.
About the Training Programme-cum-Workshop
University Institute of Legal Studies, Chandigarh University, Punjab is glad to inform that we are organising a ‘One Day Training Programme-cum-Workshop on Rights of Consumers’ on March 31, 2017. In 1986 The Consumer Protection Act was enacted in order to provide speedy and inexpensive redress of consumers’ grievances and also to provide for six important and basic rights to the consumers, the latest amendments taking place in 2015. However, consumer trend have become more complicated and digital since then. With the advent of technology and specifically internet and e-commerce, the demand for newer rights and protections for consumers emerged thereby insisting on developing an inter-disciplinary approach towards studying and interpreting Consumers laws and Rights. This training programme-cum-workshop focuses on discussing not only the basic laws about consumers’ protection but also the latest developments and its inter-relation with other disciplines like technology laws, human rights etc.
Last Date for Registration: 26th March, 2017
Date of Training Program: 31st March, 2017
For More Details Contact
Mr. Mandeep Singh, Student Coordinator (+91 9501194808)
Ms. Anjali, Student Coordinator (+91 8699095699)
Any query regarding training program can be mailed on [email protected]
For Brochure UILS. Brochure