- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
Today, while hearing the Aadhar linking with PAN case, Five-judge Constitution Bench refer the matter before 9 judge constitutional bench to decide whether the Right to Privacy is a fundamental right under the Constitution of India.
Supreme Court in its earlier judgments i.e MP Sharma And Others v. Satish Chandra and Kharak Singh v. State of Uttar Pradesh observed that right to privacy is not a fundamental right, Centre relied on the aforementioned judgments and contended that no PIL could be filed to challenge validity of Aadhaar on ground of violation of fundamental rights.
Eventually, five judges came to the conclusion that limited issue of privacy should be settled by a nine judge Bench, hearing will start from tomorrow. Once, the issue regarding fundamental right will be decided, the case will be sent back to a five judge Bench for determination of validity of Aadhaar.