- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
“There comes a time when silence is betrayal.”
–Martin Luther King, Jr.
Marriages are made in heaven and solemnized on earth. Thinking, knowing, speaking, learning, hearing, expressing and sharing life together with the joy is what defines us as humans. However, due to drastic transformation of individual and family lives, when thinking, knowing, speaking, and expressing, may tragically turn into ‘Cruelty’ remains just a matter of time. The laws in India to combat the issues pertaining to ‘Cruelty’ are plenty but its implementation remains poor. Thus, in order to address the various questions concerning the cruelty laws, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed university New Law College, Pune has decided to host a workshop on ‘The Laws Relating to Cruelty in India’.
SUB-THEMES OF THE WORKSHOP:
- The Conceptual Frameworks relating to Cruelty laws in India
- Meaning, nature, scope and problems of defining- cruelty
- Section 498-A: Tool for Empowerment or Harassment?
- Novel Role of the Supreme Court
- The Law Commissions’ Recommendations
- Power in the hands of Police Personal: Scope of protection and chances of abuse
- Extra Marital Affair: Cruelty or Infidelity?
- Role of Marriage Counselors/ Mediators/ Negotiators
- Settlement of Marital Disputes/ Compromise etc.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Academic Scholars, lawyers and teachers belonging to Law and Social Sciences including students of UG, PG and students who are doing research Fellowship, Industry related fellowship etc.
BHARATI LAW REVIEW: CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
The Editorial Board of Bharati Law Review (BLR) invites the academicians, law students, lawyers, judges, jurists, legal analysts and other eminent scholars in the field of law to contribute Research Papers, Case Analysis etc to Bharati Law Review’s Special Issue titled as “The Laws relating to Cruelty in India”. The quality Research Papers in this Issue will highlight the problems and prospects Cruelty laws in India.
The BHARATI LAW REVIEW would accept submission in the form of:
- Articles (5,000 to 8,000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Essays (3,000 to 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Case Comments & Legislative Briefs (1,500 to 2,500 words, inclusive of Footnotes)
- Other Recent Legal Developments (1,500 to 2,500 words, inclusive of Footnotes)
The last date for abstract submission is 17th September, 2017.
The date for approval of abstract is 18th September, 2017.
The last date of submission of Complete Research Papers is 24th September, 2017.
|For Students of other institutions||INR. 800/-|
|For Faculty||INR. 1500/-|
|For Paper Presentations in Absentia||INR. 2000/-|
|For Professionals and others||INR. 2500/-|
DD should be made in the name of THE PRINCIPAL, NEW LAW COLLEGE, PUNE, payable at Pune.
For any queries contact: +91 7066026622, +91 9815756757
Prof. Aman Mishra
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
New Law College, Pune-038
Prof. Dr. Mukund Sarda
Dean & Principal,
For More Details Click HERE