- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
Self-Styled Goldman, Asaram has been in jail since August 31, 2013, facing prosecution in a rape case in Gujarat, apart from the above he is also been an accused in other cases. He today, approached the Apex Court seeking early hearing on his pending bail plea.
Lawyer representing the accused contended that the top court had earlier fixed the matter for hearing after the Diwali vacation but it was shown to be listed on January 4 next year. Bench comprising of Justices NV Ramana and Amitava Roy said him to mention the matter before Chief Justice Dipak Misra for early listing.
Counsel told the bench that proceedings before the lower court in Gujarat were getting delayed and recording of evidence of prosecution witnesses was not yet complete.