- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Few days before, Centre made a law in consonance of banning cow slaughter all over India, according to the notification, no person can purchase a cow from market for slaughter.
Notification also imposes restrictions on cattle sale by farmers and mandates that it should be sold only to farmers that too after going through formalities such as providing identity cards, providing advance intimation to animal husbandry and revenue officials.Earlier, cow slaughter was banned only in few states but the notification by union govt. increase its territorial operation.
The notification of Centre has been challenged before Madras High Court by way of PIL. Arguement was raised that choice of food is individual’s right, and no one has any right to dictate it to them. Madurai bench of the Madras high court has put interim stay on Centre’s notification and Centre and state govt. to file their respective replies.