- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
Few days before, Centre made a law in consonance of banning cow slaughter all over India, according to the notification, no person can purchase a cow from market for slaughter.
Notification also imposes restrictions on cattle sale by farmers and mandates that it should be sold only to farmers that too after going through formalities such as providing identity cards, providing advance intimation to animal husbandry and revenue officials.Earlier, cow slaughter was banned only in few states but the notification by union govt. increase its territorial operation.
The notification of Centre has been challenged before Madras High Court by way of PIL. Arguement was raised that choice of food is individual’s right, and no one has any right to dictate it to them. Madurai bench of the Madras high court has put interim stay on Centre’s notification and Centre and state govt. to file their respective replies.