- ticket title
- Madras HC Directs Registry To Collect Aadhaar For Filing PIL.
- Supreme Court Modifies Its November 2016 Order : National Anthem Not Mandatory In Cinema Halls.
- Supreme Court SC Orders To Set Up Of 3 Committees To Deal With Disaster Management FOR Mullaperiyar Dam.
- Media Claims That Lalu Prasad’s Two Aides Got Arrested To Serve Him In Jail.
- Delhi High Court: Elevation In Salary Of Law Researchers From Rs. 25,000 To 35,000 .
The Madras High Court has directed its registry to collect the litigants’ Aadhaar card copy along with other documents at the time of filing.
A division bench comprising Justices M Sathyanarayana and R Hemalatha gave the directive, saying instances of PILs being filed by fictitious persons had been brought to the notice of the court.
In future, the registry should ensure that it collects Aadhar card copy from the petitioners. In case if any petitioner had not yet applied for Aadhaar, a copy of the ration card or voters identity card should be taken, the bench said.
The court was dismissing a petition filed by Kandhasamy seeking to quash the notice issued by the Revenue Inspector of Kariapatti for removing the encroachment made by him in front of his house.