- ticket title
- Union Minister Of State For Law PP Chaudhary Has Informed The Rajya Sabha That The “Government Has Not Received Any Proposal For Filling Up Of Vacancies.”
- Mumbai Sessions Court Gives Relief To Cyrus Mistry In Rs500 Crore Defamation Case.
- Lawyers Filed Petition In Supreme Court Seeking Thorough Probe Into Judge Loya’s Death.
- Assam Declares 1.9 Crore Of Over 3 Crore Citizens As Legal In Draft Registry Of Citizens.
- GNLU’s Online Diploma & PG Diploma Courses [Limited Seats Remaining]: Apply by January 15
Almost 470 lawyers of the Punjab and Haryana high court have written to chief justice of
India Dipak Misra, seeking probe by the CBI or a commission or special investigation team
into the mysterious death of CBI judge, Mumbai, HP Loya who died in November 2014 .
The representation, which has also been sent to other judges of Supreme Court and chief justice
of the Bombay high court, says the allegation of his family about “foul play”, if there is a
semblance of truth in it, point towards “unsecured and entrusted environment for fair and
impartial dispensation of justice”.
“If the lives of judges who decide high-profile cases are not safe and it is alleged that they
work under pressure and influence, the justice itself is not safe. The allegations coupled
with the subsequent development is a serious blow to the confidence of laymen and also of
the legal fraternity about the forum before which they plead their claim,” the
Loya was hearing the matter of the alleged staged encounter leading to the killing of
Sohrabbuddin Sheikh in Gujarat in 2005 in which BJP chief Amit Shah was also an accused.
In 2014, Loya presided over the special CBI court. The case was transferred out of Gujarat by
Supreme Court in 2012. Loya was the second judge to hear this case after the earlier judge was
transferred in June 2014.