- ticket title
- Kerala HC refused to put stay on Centre’s notification of cow slaughter
- Call for Papers: International Journal of Legal Research and Governance, Volume 4 Issue 2: Submit by June 30
- Allahabad issued show cause notice to CBI special court judge
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
Centre has witnessed a major disagreement by people on its notification of ban on cow slaughter. Centre has passed a notification, putting ban on sale of cow from market for slaughter. It also puts several restrictions pertaining to same subject.
Different petitions has filed in different High Court’s, some of them imposed stay on notification, while others reject to put stay. Now, this time PIL has been filed in Kerala HC seeking stay on notification.
Kerala HC refused to grant stay on notification. State government had opposed the order issued by the Central Environment Ministry, however, HC had backed the Centre’s decision. HC observed that bill doesn’t restrict cattle slaughter or consuming meat, but the bill only bans large-scale sale of cattle through big markets.