- ticket title
- Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) Call for papers for Vol. 5 Issue 1,2; Submit before 30th September,2017
- 1st Yuveshna Essay Competition on Women and Law: Register by Oct 1
- Call for Papers: NLU Jodhpur Law Review [Volume 5 Issue 1]: Submit by Sept 9
- SC TO CENTRE : OLD AGE HOME IN EVERY DISRICT
- Aadhaar – PAN Linking Deadline Has Been Extended Till Dec 31 .
Karti Chidambaram against whom Look Out Notice was issued by CBI pertaining to allegation of receiving gratification to circumvent foreign investment rules. In pursuance of aforesaid LOC, Karti challenged the same.
The Madras HC had stayed the LOC. However, the Supreme Court subsequently lifted the stay order. Follow-up the upliftment order, Karti Chidambaram has approached SC, thereby challenging the LOC before new Bench led by Chief Justice Misra, who succeeded Justice Khehar. LOC was questioned on the ground that when there was no non-bailable warrant issued against him.
Chidambaram has been vehemently relied on the Maneka Gandhi verdict wherein SC held that any law curtailing personal liberty protected under Article 21 should be “just, fair and reasonable”. Bench headed by CJI didn’t touch upon the issue of review of the LOC, passed by former CJI J.S. Khehar.