- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
Karti Chidambaram against whom Look Out Notice was issued by CBI pertaining to allegation of receiving gratification to circumvent foreign investment rules. In pursuance of aforesaid LOC, Karti challenged the same.
The Madras HC had stayed the LOC. However, the Supreme Court subsequently lifted the stay order. Follow-up the upliftment order, Karti Chidambaram has approached SC, thereby challenging the LOC before new Bench led by Chief Justice Misra, who succeeded Justice Khehar. LOC was questioned on the ground that when there was no non-bailable warrant issued against him.
Chidambaram has been vehemently relied on the Maneka Gandhi verdict wherein SC held that any law curtailing personal liberty protected under Article 21 should be “just, fair and reasonable”. Bench headed by CJI didn’t touch upon the issue of review of the LOC, passed by former CJI J.S. Khehar.