- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
High Court of Karnataka held that wife or husband anyone of them can file complaint aggrieved and alleging a violation of the provisions of the Domestic Violence Act, can invoke the provisions of the Act.
Justice Anand Byrareddy was hearing a petition filed by Mohammed Zakir against the dismissal of his complaint filed under the Domestic Violence Act against his wife and her relatives by Additional City Civil Court, Bangalore.
The civil judge was not at all impressed with it because Act is favoured to woman only, there are no such mentions where a man can file a complaint against the woman.