- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Once again an unprecedent move by siting Calcutta High Court Judge Justice CS Karnan, he wants the seven top judges to appear at his “residential court” in Kolkata on April 28, three days before the date of hearing fixed by SC for contempt proceeding.
He said that Supreme Court judges “wantonly and deliberately” insulted him during last month’s SC hearing. He want SC Judges to give their views regarding quantum of punishment for the violation of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Atrocities Act.
Justice Karnan has stated that on March 31 he had “pronounced a judgement wherein the Hon’ble seven judges are accused under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Atrocities Act, 1989.”
During the hearing SC judges raised a question about his mental health which according to Justice Karnan amounts to insulting him in open court with “wantonly, deliberately and with malafide intention”. However, previous directions including one to the CBI to probe the Supreme Court judges have gone unimplemented.
So far SC judges ignoring such moves by Justice Karnan.