- ticket title
- Justice Karnan ordered the appearance of Supreme Court Judges
- WhatsApp to cooperate with the panel set up by the Supreme Court in blocking sexually offensive videos
- CALL FOR PAPERS: VOL I of TNNLS LAW REVIEW
- SC call the records and files to inspect to see what steps have been taken to alleviate Farmer Misery
- 2nd Year Law Student Arrested For Impersonating Justice Kurian Joseph
Once again an unprecedent move by siting Calcutta High Court Judge Justice CS Karnan, he wants the seven top judges to appear at his “residential court” in Kolkata on April 28, three days before the date of hearing fixed by SC for contempt proceeding.
He said that Supreme Court judges “wantonly and deliberately” insulted him during last month’s SC hearing. He want SC Judges to give their views regarding quantum of punishment for the violation of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Atrocities Act.
Justice Karnan has stated that on March 31 he had “pronounced a judgement wherein the Hon’ble seven judges are accused under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Atrocities Act, 1989.”
During the hearing SC judges raised a question about his mental health which according to Justice Karnan amounts to insulting him in open court with “wantonly, deliberately and with malafide intention”. However, previous directions including one to the CBI to probe the Supreme Court judges have gone unimplemented.
So far SC judges ignoring such moves by Justice Karnan.