- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Justice CS. Karnan against whom contempt proceedings initiated by Supreme Court judges issued non-bailable warrants against seven judges of the Supreme Court for not being present before him in a proceedings initiated by him against SC judges under SC-ST Act.
Karnan directed the high court’s registrar general to issue the NBWs to these judges to be executed through the director general of police or commissioner of police, New Delhi. Suo motu judicial order was passed in the interest of the nation to protect the general public from corruption and unrest”, invoking Article 226 of the Constitution read with Section 482 CrPC.
Yesterday, SC issued a direction for medical examination of Justice Karnan.