- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
Justice CS Karnan, sitting Calcutta High Court Judge against whom Supreme Court seven judge bench, headed by CJI JS Khehar issued a bailable warrant on his non appearance in contempt case.
The day on which warrant was issued, Justice Karnan directed a probe by CBI against seven judges who issued warrant that he was targeted because he is Dalit and seven judges violated SC ST Act.
Now this story has taken new turn, today Justice Karnan passed an order and said the proceeding is unconstitutional and demanded Rs 14 crore compensation from the SC judges as he alleged that SC judges disturbed his mind and normal life, besides they have insulted him in the general public consisting of a population of 120 crores in India due to lack of legal knowledge.
He gave them time period of seven days from the receipt of this order, failing of which he threatened that he will restrain judicial and administrative work of them, he sent the order to the seven judges.