- ticket title
- SC : Tussle between BJP and Congress pertaining to Goa elections will be resolve only by Floor Test
- Backfire by Justice CS Karnan when SC issues warrant against him
- SC issues warrant against Justice Karnan
- Mallya put SC in Dialetheism on point whether he truthfully disclosed his assets
- Matter regarding the violence in varsity has been transferred to crime branch
Hon’ble Mr. Justice K.N. Saikia
Former Judge, Supreme Court of India
Mr. Justice K.N. Saikia, Born on1st March, 1926 at Simaluguri Bharalua Gaon in Sibasagar District of Assam. Early education in Nazira High School. Graduated in first class, Commerce from J.B. College, Jorhat in1947 and secured first class first position in M.A. (Commerce) examination of Calcutta University in 1949. Appointed as Lecturer in Commerce (Evening Classes) in Gauhati University in 1950. Passed LL.B. Examination of Gauhati University in 1954 securing first class first position. Enrolled as Advocate of Gauhati High Court on 18.4.1955. Having passed the examinations, he was admitted as Associate Member of the Corporation of Certified Secretaries, London in 1956. Promoted as Reader in Commerce (Evening Classes) in 1957. Passed LL.M. Examination of Gauhati University 1959. Professor of Commerce of Gauhati University in 1964. Joined as Professor of Law in Dibrugarh University (Evening classes) on 14.12.1966 and permitted to appear in Court. Resigned in 1969 and devoted to whole-time practice in Gauhati High Court. Did Civil, Criminal, Revenue and Constitutional cases. Appointed as part time Professor of Law in LL.M. Classes of Gauhati University in 1976. In 1978 he was appointed as Chairman of the Assam Land Reforms Commission. Published several books on Commerce and Law. Appointed as permanent Judge of the Gauhati High Court on 12.2.1979. Was Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court from 20.12.1986 to 1.3.1988 (Acting from 20.12.1986 to 13.6.1987).
- Appointed as Judge of the Supreme Court of India from December 14, 1988.
- Retired on 28.2.1991.