- ticket title
- Call for Papers: International Journal of Legal Research and Governance, Volume 4 Issue 2: Submit by June 30
- Allahabad issued show cause notice to CBI special court judge
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
Justice CS Karnan approached president by filing memorandum/representation under Article 72 seeking stay of his sentence of six months imposed on him by a seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar.
However, the President’s office said It was “not aware of any such claim”. The representation prepared by Justice Karnan’s counsel Mathews J Nedumpara and AC Philip referred to the developments since the May 9 judgement.
His lawyers had earlier claimed that the judge had written letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and others against his jail term.
Justice Karnan has also moved a petition in the Supreme Court seeking recall of the May 9 order but has been denied urgent hearing.