- ticket title
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
Justice CS Karnan approached president by filing memorandum/representation under Article 72 seeking stay of his sentence of six months imposed on him by a seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar.
However, the President’s office said It was “not aware of any such claim”. The representation prepared by Justice Karnan’s counsel Mathews J Nedumpara and AC Philip referred to the developments since the May 9 judgement.
His lawyers had earlier claimed that the judge had written letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and others against his jail term.
Justice Karnan has also moved a petition in the Supreme Court seeking recall of the May 9 order but has been denied urgent hearing.