- ticket title
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
- GNLU + Univ of Melbourne’s Sports Law Academy On Corruption in International Sports [Jan 13-17]: Register by Jan 5
Justice CS Karnan approached president by filing memorandum/representation under Article 72 seeking stay of his sentence of six months imposed on him by a seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar.
However, the President’s office said It was “not aware of any such claim”. The representation prepared by Justice Karnan’s counsel Mathews J Nedumpara and AC Philip referred to the developments since the May 9 judgement.
His lawyers had earlier claimed that the judge had written letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and others against his jail term.
Justice Karnan has also moved a petition in the Supreme Court seeking recall of the May 9 order but has been denied urgent hearing.