- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
Justice CS Karnan approached president by filing memorandum/representation under Article 72 seeking stay of his sentence of six months imposed on him by a seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar.
However, the President’s office said It was “not aware of any such claim”. The representation prepared by Justice Karnan’s counsel Mathews J Nedumpara and AC Philip referred to the developments since the May 9 judgement.
His lawyers had earlier claimed that the judge had written letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and others against his jail term.
Justice Karnan has also moved a petition in the Supreme Court seeking recall of the May 9 order but has been denied urgent hearing.