- ticket title
- Justice approach president for suspension of term and SC to recall the order
- Provisional stay has been granted by ICJ on Jadhav’s execution
- Government of India will provide new law if Triple Talaq would be stucked
- SC: Triple Talaq is a Dangerous practice
- Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) Call for papers for Vol. 4 Issue 10,11; Submit before 16th June,2017
Justice CS Karnan approached president by filing memorandum/representation under Article 72 seeking stay of his sentence of six months imposed on him by a seven-judge bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar.
However, the President’s office said It was “not aware of any such claim”. The representation prepared by Justice Karnan’s counsel Mathews J Nedumpara and AC Philip referred to the developments since the May 9 judgement.
His lawyers had earlier claimed that the judge had written letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi and others against his jail term.
Justice Karnan has also moved a petition in the Supreme Court seeking recall of the May 9 order but has been denied urgent hearing.