- ticket title
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
- SC: “If An Accused Does Not Admit His Crime, It Doesn’t Mean He Is Not Cooperating With The Probe.”
- Kerala High Court: Don’t Use Every Inter-Religious Marriage To Disturb Communal Harmony In Kerala
- Aarushi Murder Case: Hemraj’s Family Set To File Appeal Against Acquittal Of Talwars By Allahabad High Court.
INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON WOMEN AND LAW ON 13TH JANUARY, 2018 , VENUE; INDIAN INSTITUTE OF LAW, NEW DELHI
About the Seminar
In today’s arena, there are so many laws for women protection and empowerment but lots of cases have been observed when those who know the law misuse it and the real victim is either unaware of the laws or they don’t have the proper means and courage to fight for themselves. The need of the hour is proper implementation of these laws and discussing the loopholes prevailing at present. This conference will serve as a platform from intellectually all over the country to discuss the policy matters concerning women rights and apart from discussion, measures from proper implementation will be priority of the event.
Organised By: International Journal of Legal Research and Governance in Collaboration with International Council of Jurists, London.
Call for Papers: We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and student research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the International Seminar. Interested participants may submit soft copy of the abstracts and full papers to the organizing committee through the following email address: [email protected]
- Gender and Law Enforcement
- Impact of Displacement of Women
- Women in Detention
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place
- Women empowerment and domestic violence
- Cyber Space and Women
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women
- Eve- teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse and Rape
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
Your Abstract (of about 300 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation/Institution Details
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of your message should read: ‘Abstract Submission for International Seminar on Women and Law’
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub heading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
All papers accepted for the conference will be published in reputed journal bearing ISSN Number.
Students : Rs.700
Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars : Rs.1000
Presentation in Absentia for Students : Rs.1100
Presentation in Absentia for others : Rs.1700
On Spot Registration for Students : Rs. 1000
On Spot Registration for others : Rs. 1500
Note:- Author and Co-Author have to register separately.
Those who wish to attend only they have to register before 7th January, 2017, registration fee for same is Rs.500 Per Person.
Submission of Abstract : 10th November, 2017
Confirmation of abstract selection. : 20th November, 2017
Registration : 16th December, 2017
Submission of FULL paper : 6th January, 2018
Conference Dates : 13th January, 2018
Who Should Attend?
- Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians
- Corporate Delegates
- Business entities
Rules for the Participates:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
Note: The authors and Co-authors both must register separately
The registration fee includes conference kit, lunch, High Tea, entry to all Technical session, and Certificates.
Registration: Submit your abstract to [email protected] with Subject line ‘Abstract Submission for International Seminar on Women and Law’.
Date: 13th January, 2018
Venue: Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi
Organised in Collaboration of: International Council of Jurists, London, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance, Law Mantra Online Journal.
Adv. Kishor Kumar Mishra, Practising Advocate, Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Mr. Shailendra Kumar, PhD Scholar and Teaching Assistant, West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Adv. Aditya Mishra, Lawyer, Hon’ble Supreme Court & Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
Adv. Nishant Chauhan, Lawyer, Hon’ble Supreme Court & Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
Ms. Mahak Rathee, President, Student Division, International Council of Jurists, London.
Ms. Akansha Jain.
Ms. Ritu Singh
For any queries, feel free to drop email to [email protected] or call on +91-9310053923, +91-7782044252.
Address:- ICJ- Regd. Office : 134, Backingham Palace Road, London(UK) SW1W9SA, Telephone +(44) 2081335686,Fax +(44) 2077991687.
India Office:- DS-423/424, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi-110060.
For More Details Click HERE