- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Kulbhushan Jadhav who had been sentenced death by Pakistan Military court, Yesterday, Senior Advocate Harish Salve sought stay on execution from International Court of Justice.
India argued before the ICJ that that the sentence of the military court was in “brazen defiance” of the Vienna Convention rights under Article 36 and elementary human rights of an accused. Pakistan also denies India right of consular access to Jadhav despite its repeated requests.
Today, after ICJ suspended the execution, Pakistan’s defence minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif made a remark on India’s move of by saying that approaching the ICJ is a diversionary tactic.