- ticket title
- ICJ suspends death execution of Kulbhushan Jadhav
- SC found Justice Karnan guilty in Contempt Proceedings
- Justice Karnan found 7 Supreme Court judges guilty under SC/ST Atrocities Act of 1989
- Supreme Court upheld the Death penalty imposed by Delhi HC
- Sasikala approaches Supreme Court seeking review of DA case judgment
Kulbhushan Jadhav who had been sentenced death by Pakistan Military court, Yesterday, Senior Advocate Harish Salve sought stay on execution from International Court of Justice.
India argued before the ICJ that that the sentence of the military court was in “brazen defiance” of the Vienna Convention rights under Article 36 and elementary human rights of an accused. Pakistan also denies India right of consular access to Jadhav despite its repeated requests.
Today, after ICJ suspended the execution, Pakistan’s defence minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif made a remark on India’s move of by saying that approaching the ICJ is a diversionary tactic.