- ticket title
- Certificate Course on Energy Law and Management in India @ NLSIU Bengaluru [February 15-17]: Register by Dec 10
- GNLU’s Online Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: Register by December 1
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
Though the bench of Chief Justice Khehar and Justice DY Chandrachud initially suggested the name of Justice KS Radhakrishnan, lawyers appeared for Shafin, Kapil Sibel and Indira Jaising suggested the Court to consider a retired non-Keralite judge for supervision. Then the Court finalized Justice RV Raveendran’s name.
J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud had asked Raveendran to oversee the probe on August 16.
“It is a matter between the court and myself,’’ Raveendran said while confirming that he had turned down the request.
The case concerns Hadiya’s conversion to Islam, and her subsequent marriage to a Muslim man Shafin Jahan. The Division Bench Kerala High Court had in 25 May had called her marriage a “sham”, and annulled Hadiya’s and Jahan’s marriage after the woman’s father moved the court against her conversion and marriage claiming that she had been coerced , directing her return to the protective custody of her Hindu parents. Against this Shafin Jahan approached the Supreme Court.
The NIA will now approach the court to appoint another judge.