- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Though the bench of Chief Justice Khehar and Justice DY Chandrachud initially suggested the name of Justice KS Radhakrishnan, lawyers appeared for Shafin, Kapil Sibel and Indira Jaising suggested the Court to consider a retired non-Keralite judge for supervision. Then the Court finalized Justice RV Raveendran’s name.
J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud had asked Raveendran to oversee the probe on August 16.
“It is a matter between the court and myself,’’ Raveendran said while confirming that he had turned down the request.
The case concerns Hadiya’s conversion to Islam, and her subsequent marriage to a Muslim man Shafin Jahan. The Division Bench Kerala High Court had in 25 May had called her marriage a “sham”, and annulled Hadiya’s and Jahan’s marriage after the woman’s father moved the court against her conversion and marriage claiming that she had been coerced , directing her return to the protective custody of her Hindu parents. Against this Shafin Jahan approached the Supreme Court.
The NIA will now approach the court to appoint another judge.