- ticket title
- Call for Papers: Lex Revolution: Vol III, ISSUE 4: Deadline: 31st October, 2017.
- Conference: GNLU International Conference On Banking and Finance: 17-18 March, 2018
- Call for Papers: Jamia Millia Islamia’s Seminar on Socio Legal Aspects of Disability in India [Nov 1 – 2, Delhi]: Register by Oct 29
- Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) Call for papers for Vol. 5 Issue 1,2; Submit before 30th September,2017
- 1st Yuveshna Essay Competition on Women and Law: Register by Oct 1
Though the bench of Chief Justice Khehar and Justice DY Chandrachud initially suggested the name of Justice KS Radhakrishnan, lawyers appeared for Shafin, Kapil Sibel and Indira Jaising suggested the Court to consider a retired non-Keralite judge for supervision. Then the Court finalized Justice RV Raveendran’s name.
J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud had asked Raveendran to oversee the probe on August 16.
“It is a matter between the court and myself,’’ Raveendran said while confirming that he had turned down the request.
The case concerns Hadiya’s conversion to Islam, and her subsequent marriage to a Muslim man Shafin Jahan. The Division Bench Kerala High Court had in 25 May had called her marriage a “sham”, and annulled Hadiya’s and Jahan’s marriage after the woman’s father moved the court against her conversion and marriage claiming that she had been coerced , directing her return to the protective custody of her Hindu parents. Against this Shafin Jahan approached the Supreme Court.
The NIA will now approach the court to appoint another judge.