- ticket title
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
Justice has been delayed but not denied to the sadhvi’s of Dera Sacha Sauda, who were raped by the the chief of Dera i.e. Gurmeet Singh Ram Rahim, the case was incepted through an anonymous letter made by sadhvi’s to ex-Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Today, the Special Court was configured in the Rohtak jail where the rape convict i.e. Gurmeet Rahim was confined in pursuance of verdict passed by the court, Special CBI judge was all the way flown to jail to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
Court sentenced him total 20 years of rigorous punishment for two rape cases, ten years for each case and also imposed the fine of rupees thirty lacs. Authentically, he was sentenced 13 years in each case, however, three years (Punishment for other offenses) will run concurrently with ten years (Punishment for rape) in each case, further, the sentence of 10 years shall run consecutively. The verdict has been passed after 15 years from the inception of the case.